November 11, 2004

QUEENS GRILL: THE DEFENCE


RJMS74 replied to the posting I mentioned on the porr review of the QE2 November saying

"Gary B - where did you see the 'bad review of Q. Grill Rest & Cabin'? Was it on this forum? I can assure you having now travelled in a QG single cabin on 3 QE2 cruises - the last one only a few weeks ago, it is nothing like the post of above. The food in the QG Restaurant is excellent & there is a very wide choice - I have eaten in some v. good restauarants onland & worldwide & the QG Rest is still one of my all time favourites - they will literally cook anything for you off menu - I particularly enjoyed the flambeed cherries jubilee most evenings & also escargots.

Yes as jbailey says she is not a modern / appart. block style cruise ship but is more so a classic grande dame ocean liner & I saw a Q3 cabin no. 1042 and it was very well maintained and I would say luxurious with lots of wood & marble bathroom and separate closet. Even every grand hotel onland, such as the Waldorf Astoria in NYC has its faults and is showing signs of age, but it's the ambience that counts and just being on QE2 is always special!

I will admit that my cabin 2063 was a little tired,but still very comfortable & very spacious (237 sq feet) for one person!

Gary, I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you return from your Transatlantic crossing & can assure you that you will have a great time onboard -I am already planning on returning in 2005!I will try and post a review very shortly (I can also scan some of the QG menus - when I get my scanner to work again - if this would help/ pls advise your email address). Kind Regs, RJMS74 Posted by Hello

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...