This email from Cunard today about the Queen Elizabeth, currently sailing to Southampton for her naming ceremony next week:
ROYAL SPA TREATMENTS
Cunard Line's tradition of providing luxury experiences at sea continues with Queen Elizabeth's Royal Spa. The 13,000 square-foot spa features stunning art deco style decor with two levels for treatment rooms plus fitness and pool facilities. Like her sisters, Queen Elizabeth's spa offers a comprehensive health and wellness programme including the spectacular new Royal Bath House, which is the centrepiece for the ultimate solo or sociable spa experience. The Royal Bath House includes a state of the art Hydrotherapy Pool plus a Thermal Suite with inviting sauna and steam grottoes. Day passes to the Royal Bath House are available.
Queen Elizabeth will be the first spa at sea to offer Remède services, including Customised Facials and Massages, as well as Remède and Elemis spa products. Other new treatments include:
- Royal Self-Scrub Experience: Guests work with the spa's mixologist to create a customised blend of exfoliants that buff away impurities.
- Cellulite Reduction & Revitalising Leg Therapy: This detoxifying, firming and toning treatment helps to eliminate toxins. It also alleviates water retention and guarantees inches will be lost after just one treatment.
Couples and friends can also share a spa experience, enjoying a massage, wrap or facial side by side, The spa also includes a full-service hair and nail salon using award-winning products and providing the latest services, such as Phyto Hair Cocktails, St. Tropez Sunless Tanning for the face and body and the Brazilian Blowout which leaves hair smooth, healthy and frizz-free for up to 12 weeks without the use of damaging chemicals.
Queen Elizabeth's fitness centre includes a fully appointed work-out facility and aerobics studio with signature fitness equipment and classes such as:
- Walkvest®: which helps use extra calories while wearing a weighted vest (two -16 lbs) while walking.
- Walking Poles: which turn walking into a total body workout, engaging every muscle with each stride. Classes show how the use of the poles can enhance 'walking' to improve stamina, posture and balance.
- Aqua Tone: This special class incorporates movements in water with equipment such as dumbbells, floats and fins and helps build muscles without overexertion.
To promote wellbeing, the spa also offers services using the ancient traditions of Chinese medicines and Ayurvedic techniques. A professionally trained acupuncturist will also offers treatments to assist in alleviating stress, pain or helping with weight loss.
Queen Elizabeth will depart on her Maiden Voyage on Tuesday 12 October 2010. Although this voyage sold out in a record 29 minutes there is still some limited availability on her other 2010 voyages.