Now that Cunard no longer register the ships at Southampton, they are able to
offer weddings at sea.
All of the ships can offer a wedding at sea now, and it will be interesting to see just how popular these become.
Here are some of the key features and points if you are considering it:
- Importantly, Only Cunard can offer the truly unique option of saying ‘I do’ mid-Atlantic on a classic voyage aboard the biggest and grandest ocean liner in the world, Queen Mary 2. This is the first time in Cunard’s 172-year history that it will be possible to marry on board and demand is already high.
- To maintain exclusivity, only one wedding will be arranged per day, at either 1100 hours or 1530 hours and the ceremonies will only take place on days at sea.
- The wedding can be tailored with extra touches to reflect individual requests and preferences, from an accompaniment by the ship’s own harpist to an ice sculpture on the Big Day for $200.
- Cunard has created a Wedding Package which ncludes the ceremony itself, conducted by the Captain, traditional wedding music, a White Star Bellman escorting the bride, floral arrangements, Veuve Clicquot Champagne and of course the wedding cake. Plus priority check-in and luggage delivery too.
- The event is available for $2,500 plus a marriage licence fee of $575. Finishing touches include items such as a Bride and Groom’s Champagne and Caviar Breakfast in Bed for $100 extra or a three tiered fruit cake for $350. So it is not a cheap option..
- Wedding party benefits of 5% off brochured fares are available for UK groups of 16 adults or more (accommodated in 8 or more staterooms).
- ~ Priority check-in and luggage delivery; pressing service for bridal outfits
- ~ Priority embarkation (and disembarkation) for the bridal couple
- ~ Services of a wedding coordinator on board
- ~ Two fresh floral arrangements for the ceremonial room
- ~ Bridal posy and Bridegroom’s Boutonniere , with a choice of roses, lilies or exotic flowers
- ~ One tier Wedding cake
- ~ Traditional wedding music
- ~ Elegant wedding Ceremony venue
- ~ White Star bellman to escort the bride to the ceremonial room
- ~ Ceremony at sea conducted by the Captain
- ~ Commemorative Wedding certificate
- ~ Commemorative printed Wedding menu
- ~ Bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne
- ~ Bride & Groom Breakfast in bed
- ~ Wedding invitations and Thank You cards for voyage guests