October 23, 2008

Queen Elizabeth 2


Queen Elizabeth 2, originally uploaded by Andy Fitzsimmons.

Andy writes about this picture:

Early morning arrival, following the final transatlantic crossing, 22 September 2008.

Having got up at 5am, I actually managed to arrive in good time to await QE2's arrival. With an air temperature of around 4C, it was very cold standing around but worth every minute.

There are many more pictures from throughout the day, which I will upload just as soon as I've had a chance to sort through them but I hope you enjoy them as much as I did taking them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you spot the deliberate mistake? The date should of course read October not September as stated. In fairness, it had been a long day and very late when I uploaded this but I wanted to post something up while I sort through the many shots taken throughout the day. Apologies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...